Born Jackie Agyemang Appiah on 5th December, 1983 in Canada, Jackie Appiah (as she is affectionately called) is a Ghanaian actress. She spent her early childhood days in Toronto, Canada and migrated to Ghana with her mum when she was 10.
Jackie made her debut in the movie industry in 2005 when she featured in hit Ghanaian series Things We Do For Love. She later took roles in Tentacles, Sun City and many other tv series’.
She shot her first movie with Venus Production titled Divine Love. Afterwards, she has shot countless Ghanaian movies with colleague stars like Majid Michel, Jon Dumelo, Yvonne Nelson, Nadia Buari, etc.
She made a Nollywood debut and has equally shot countless nollywood movies which has gained worldwide recognition and received various awards. She is also known to have starred alongside big names in the Nigerian movie industry such as Ramsey Noah, Emeka Ike, Desmond Elliot, Mercy Johnson, Chika Ike, etc.
The beautiful actress is also known for her numerous commercials of which she serves as brand ambassadors for various Ghanaian brands like U.B and IPMC.
She is a mother of one (a son).
Awards won by the actress;
- Best supporting actress – 3rd Africa Movie Academy Awards
- Best actress leading role – 6th Africa Movie Awards
- Best actress – 2010 Ghana Movie Awards
- Best Ghanaian actress –City People Entertainment Awards
- Pan African actress of the year – 2011 Nigerian Entertainment Awards
- Performing arts – Ghana National Youth Achievers Awards
- Best actress – Afican Women of Worth Awards
- Best actress in drama – 2013 Africa Magic Awards
- Best actress leading role -2013 Ghana Movie Awards
- Glitz magazine favorite actress – 2013 Ghana Movie Awards
- Best actress diaspora – Nafca
- Best international actress – Pyprus Magazine Screen Actors Awards
- Achievers in Africa entertainment – The F.A.C.E List Awards (USA)