In our previous article on NSFAS, we discussed application guidelines and deadlines; in today’s article, let’s take a look at how to log into your MyNsfas account for 2022.
MyNsfas is the online portal which allows the applicants of the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) to access and manage important information about the Scheme.
In order to complete the application process, students are strongly encouraged to open their own MyNSFAS account.
Following are the steps involved in the process:
- Go to www.nsfas.org.za and click on “myNsfas account“.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click on the “My personal details” tab.
- Update your cellphone number and/or email address to your current one.
- Click “Update your details” to proceed.
- A One Time Pin (OTP) will be sent to the new number and email address that you have provided.
- Enter the OTP and click submit.
- Your information will be updated immediately.
The email address you use is your username – keep your username and password safe.
Applicants with existing accounts can log in using their existing usernames and passwords or by logging in via their Facebook and Google accounts.
It is essential that your cell phone number or email address be unique to you and not shared with anyone else.
In case you were one of the applicants who submitted an application for NSFAS 2022 and were unsuccessful and appealed, you can check the status of your application (NSFAS Status) by logging into your My-NSFAS account account.
How to re-register your myNSFAS account 2022
You need to register or re-register for myNSFAS in order to be able to access your funding progress in NSFAS.
- Navigate to www.nsfas.org.za login.
- Click myNSFAS tab.
- Click register.
- Tick the box to allow NSFAS to verify your details.
- Then capture the ID number as stated on your ID document.
- Type in your full names and surname as per your ID number.
- Type in your current email address.
- Confirm your email address.
- Type in your cellphone number.
- Create a password.
- Confirm password.
- Upload ID Copy.
- Click register.
- You will be sent an OTP to the email and cell number provided (this OTP expires after 24 hours).
- Type in the OTP and click Submit.
- You have now completed your NSFAS account re-registration.
How to check your NSFAS status 2022
Applications for the NSFAS are generally responded to within a few days after the application deadline of Friday, 21 January 2022.
If you’re anxiously awaiting news of your acceptance into the National Student Financial Aid Scheme, here’s how to check it.
Here are the steps to check your NSFAS application status:
- Log into your myNSFAS account portal.
- Enter your ID or username and password.
- Click the SIGN IN! button.
- Once you log into your account dashboard, click on Track Funding Progress to check your application status.
If your application has been successfull, Congrats! If not, better luck next time.
We strive for accuracy and fairness.
If you see something that doesn’t look right, email us at [email protected]