This page contains Immigration Aptitude Test Exam Questions & Answers for recruits.
The Interior Ministry is responsible for the recruitment and aptitude testing process.
The tests for aspiring immigration officers are administered in Immigration Processing Stations and schools throughout the country.
Using the study guides as well as the Aptitude Test Exams Questions & Answers will help you achieve success during this stage of the hiring process.
A Brief Overview of Ghana Immigration Aptitude Test
Currently, Ghana Immigration is under the Ghana Interior Ministry, with the president as commander-in-chief.
The aptitude test is a requirement for immigration recruitment.
Your chances of getting to the next phase of the recruitment process will increase if you prepare for the aptitude test.
In order to qualify for this stage, you may have undergone the body screening stage.
You must answer these questions correctly in order to qualify for the next stage.
This article gives you some tips that will help you to practice for the test.
It provides you with good information about the test you’re going to face.
Scope and Curriculum Areas of the Ghana Immigration Aptitude Test
In order to take the Immigration aptitude test, you will have to use a computer and visit a nearby Immigration Careers Center.
Subjects mostly tested are:
- General knowledge about the Immigration
- Numeracy knowledge & Arithmetic reasoning
- Literacy knowledge
- General Science
Ghana Immigration General knowledge Questions & Answers
- What is the organization of the Ghana Immigration Service
Answer: The Ghana Immigration Service is composed of the Ghana Immigration Service general recruits and Ghana Immigration Service officers
- What was the number of Ghana Immigration Service recruits when it was established
Answer: The Ghana Immigration Service was established in 1989 under PNDC Law 226 with about 650 active duty personnel in 1989 .
Below are the detailed structure of the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS) from the most senior officer down to junior officer:
- What is the Ghana Immigration Service command structure
Answer: The Ghana Immigration Service command structure extends from the minister of interior in the government to commanders in the field.
Ghana Immigration Service units are deployed in the capital regions, and in Ghana’s border regions.
What is the structure of the Ghana Immigration Service
The Ghana Immigration Service has an organized command which begins from the most senior officer down to junior officer.
- Commissioner of Immigration
- Deputy Commissioner of Immigration
- Assistant Commissioner of Immigration
- Chief Superintendent of Immigration
- Superintendent of Immigration
- Deputy Superintendent of Immigration
- Assistant Superintendent of Immigration
- Assistant Inspector
- Immigration Control Officer
- Assistant Immigration Control Officer I
- Assistant Immigration Control Officer II
What equipment has the Ghana Immigration Service
Answers: Equipment consists of older weapons of British, Brazilian, Swiss, Swedish, Israeli, and Finnish origin.
The Ghanaian Ghana Immigration Service inventory gave the following equipment : FV-601 Saladin and EE-9 Cascavel reconnaissance vehicles; MOWAG Piranha armored personnel carriers; 81mm and 120mm mortars; 84mm recoilless launchers; and 14.5mm ZPU-4 and 23mm ZU-23-2 air defense guns.
Ghana Immigration Service General knowledge Questions & Answers For Ghana Immigration Service
- When was the Ghana Immigration Service established
ANSWER: The Ghana Immigration Service was collectively established in 1989 in Accra, Ghana
- Who Was The First Commander Of The Ghana Immigration Service
ANSWER: The Ghana Immigration Service started as the Immigration and Passport Unit of the Gold Coast Colonial Police Force under the command of Mr. Nevile C. Hill.
- What are the objectives of the Ghana Immigration Service ?
ANSWER: The of the plan are: (i) To manage migration in the national interest; (ii) To combat irregular migration; and (iii) To promote national security.
- What are the aims and objectives of Ghana Immigration Service
The Ghana Immigration Service as it is now called has as its motto “Friendship With Vigilance”.
The objectives of the Ghana Immigration Service are
(i) To manage migration in the national interest;
(ii) To combat irregular migration; and
(iii) To promote national security.
- When did Ghana gain independence?
ANSWER: 6 March 1957
- Which year was Ghana flag designed and who designed it?
ANSWER: The flag of Ghana was designed and adopted in 1957 and was flown until 1962, and then reinstated in 1966.
The Ghana flag was designed by Miss Theodosia Okoh
Immigration Numeracy & Logical Reasoning Questions & Answers For Immigration
1.It takes an Engineer three hours to drive to his brother’s house at an average speed of 50 miles per hour. If He takes the same route home, but his average speed is 60 miles per hour, what is the time, in hours, that it takes him to drive home?
A) 2 hours and 33 minutes
B) 2 hours and 30 minutes
C)2 hours and 3 minutes
D) 2 hours and 60 minutes
2.A stamping machine can stamp 40 envelopes in 8 minutes. How many of stamping machines, working at the same time, are required to stamp 120 envelopes per minute?
A) 3 Machines
3) Yesterday, Kofi earned 50 Cedis mowing lawns. Today, Kofi earned 60% of what he earned yesterday mowing lawns. How much money did Kojo earn mowing lawns today?
4) Kofi sells pies for Ghc10 each. Kwame sells beverages for Ghc1 each. If Kofi sells 23 apple pies and Kwame sells 17 beverages, what is the total in sales for both products combined?
5) A mountain path is 12.1 miles long. If a hiker walks along the path at a rate of 1.96 miles per hour, in approximate how many hours will the hiker walk the entire trail?
6) Adjoa’s gross salary for last month was Ghc4,687.24. If Ghc421.78 was deducted from Adjoa’s salary pay, how much take-home pay did Adjoa earn this past month?
7) A woman’s store sells the following categores of clothing for the following prices:
Blouse: Ghc14 each
Skirt: Ghc16 each
Dress: Ghc25 each
Pantyhose: 2 pairs for Ghc3
A lady goes to the store on a day when the store has a 20% off sale on all skirts. If Yaa buys 2 skirts, 1 dress, and 4 pairs of pantyhose, how much money does lady have to pay?
We strive for accuracy and fairness.
If you see something that doesn’t look right, email us at [email protected]