Tyreece Jerry: Man shot and killed in Point Breeze corner store, police say

Tyreece Jerry was shot three times while inside the Federal Deli Market at the corner of 20th and Federal streets around 6:30 p.m.

A 35-year-old man identified as Tyreece Jerry was shot and killed Monday night inside Point Breeze corner store located across the street from a Philadelphia police station, investigators said.

The shooting took place at the Federal Deli Market at 20th and Federal streets at 6:40 p.m.

Tyreece Jerry was shot three times in the torso and once in the leg.

He was pronounced dead after being taken to Thomas Jefferson University Hospital.

His father said his son has five young children: two girls and three boys.

Investigators believe the shooting happened following an altercation with two women that escalated, resulting in the deadly shooting.

“That’s when we know one of the females pulled a handgun and fired at least five shots, striking the 35-year-old male victim at least four times. Three in the torso and once in the leg,” Chief Inspector Scott Small, with the Philadelphia Police Department, said.

Police say the two women ran in different directions after the shooting.

Officials say the women were captured on surveillance video and at least one of the women is known to come into the corner store often.

They said they don’t typically hear of female shooting suspects and don’t know why the argument turned into a fight of two women versus one man.

Police say they still don’t know what they were arguing about but have released photos of the women.

The shooter is described as a woman between 23-25 years old.

She is said to be about five feet, two inches tall.

She has braids and was wearing dark grey crocs and black pants with distinctive holes on the legs. Police said the hooded sweatshirt was recovered from the scene.

The other woman is believed to be in her late 20s, and is five feet, nine inches tall. She had on white sandals, black pants with holes in the knees and thighs, and a denim jacket with holes on the right and left biceps.

She was last seen running eastbound in the 1900 block of Manton Street.

One of the bullets went through the glass door of the corner store.

Employees reopened the store Tuesday after placing a large sticker over that bullet hole.

Written by GhLinks Media

This is the official publishing account of for all general based post .

Who was Jacob Derbin? Euclid police officer dies in shooting, search for suspect continues

Who was Jacob Derbin? Euclid police officer dies in shooting, search for suspect continues