A man identified as Abdul Hussein has been captured in a horrifying video shooting his co-worker, Tawfaik Alsheari, in the head in front of Alsheari’s young son.
After the shooting, Abdul Hussein calmly proceeded to purchase food, sit on a chair, and lick his fingers.
Summary of what happened in the Buffalo convenience store @ Broadway near Sears Street
- A surveillance footage shows Hussein, who was barefoot and wearing a gray sweatshirt, making a purchase at Sears Food Enterprise before engaging in a heated exchange of words and profanities with Alsheari.
- During the altercation, Hussein switches to speaking Arabic a few times while Alsheari stands nearby with his son.
- Hussein picks up a rifle and slowly approaches Alsheari, who faces the other way as the boy warns him about the barrel pointed in their direction.
- Hussein fires once, hitting Alsheari in the head, and he drops to the ground.
- The boy runs behind the counter before the gunman inexplicably begins looking at a shelf — apparently in search of a snack.
- He appears to wash his hands, grab something to eat and sit on a chair, licking his hands as the victim lies motionless.
Abdul Hussein arrested
Hussein was arrested a short time later and arraigned Wednesday on a murder charge.
He was held without bail and is scheduled to return to court Monday for a felony hearing.
The incident occurred inside the store on Broadway near Sears Street on Tuesday at approximately 3:30 p.m. and lasted about three minutes.