This guide is meant to provide you with tips on how you can reverse MTN mobile money transfers.
MTn mobile money has become the preferred payment method for individuals and even companies.
However, what happens when you accidentally send a transaction to the wrong number?
A major concern among users of MTN mobile money is how they will retrieve their money if they accidentally send money to the wrong number.
If for some reason you make a mistake and need to reverse a transaction, this article will explain how to do so.
Methods to reverse MTN mobile money transfers
A money transfer made using MTN mobile money can be reversed in a number of ways.
A customer support agent will assist you, or a person-to-person reversal can be attempted.
Contact MTN Ghana customer support
The moment you realize that you sent cash to the wrong number, contact MTN customer care immediately to reverse the transaction.
You need to do the following:
- You must contact 100 within 15 days of making the wrong transaction.
- Choose your language.
- Then select mobile money.
- Select wrongful mobile cash transactions.
- Select ‘speak with an agent’.
- Let the agent know what your situation is.
- Mention the original account you were sending the cash to.
- Mention the account to which the money was sent by mistake.
- Indicate the exact amount involved.
- Within 15 days, MTN starts an investigation and sends a message to the person informing them of the reversal of the decision.
- Once the individual approves, you should have the money in your account.
Person to person transfer
You can do this when MTN’s customer care is unresponsive or delayed.
In this situation, you have to convince the wrong recipient to refund you the money, or else, you have to contact customer service.
Here are the steps you need to take:
- In your momo transaction message, you should provide the phone number to which you incorrectly transferred the cash.
- Call the person and tell them the exact amount you sent to them and the actual person you intended to send to.
- You should speak in a calm manner and avoid acting funny to avoid suspicion of fraud.
- To make sure the amount is there in their mobile money accounts, request that they check their accounts.
- Upon confirmation that the cash is there, be courteous and ask them to return it.
- To show your appreciation, you can even give them some tips from the total amount.
- If you manage to convince the receiver, you can receive the cash after confirming that they got the cash mistakenly.
How do I recover money sent to the wrong number?
You should use MTN mobile money to recover the money you sent to the wrong recipient if you accidentally sent cash to the wrong person or if you entered the wrong recipient number.
A wrongly executed money transaction must be reported within 30 days according to the MTN mobile money rules and regulations.
The intention of this is to provide an opportunity for the investigation of possible wrongdoings and the establishment of claim of wrongdoing to be carried out.
A successful refund can only be achieved this way.
This means that established claims that are approved for reversal have to be taken care of within 15 days of the claim.
The following steps are a guide on how to retrieve wrongly sent cash using MTN mobile services:
- In order to reverse MTN mobile money, you need to visit the MTN mobile money agent near you.
- You should report the wrong transaction within 30 days of the event.
- Give the correct amount and number of the wrongly transacted transaction.
- Give time for an investigation and an assessment to be made.
- Approval of the claim will result in your cash reversal being processed.
- Mobile money reversal takes place within 15 days from the day reported.
- Confirm a successful mobile money reversal once done.
How many days does it take to Reverse MTN Mobile Money
When a claim is made that a transaction was made in error, the claim needs to be investigated and established.
It takes 15 days for the reverse MTN mobile money transfer process to complete since the report day.
In two weeks, you can get back MTN money sent to the wrong number with the assistance of MTN agents.
We strive for accuracy and fairness.
If you see something that doesn’t look right, email us at [email protected]