- The ‘Returning To One Afro-Philanthropic Conference’ is being sphere-headed by Global United Diaspora (GUD)
- The conference seeks to connect NGOs, philanthropists, innovators and tech leaders across Africa to unify and share resources.
Global United Diaspora (GUD) will be hosting a conference dubbed ‘Returning To One Afro-Philanthropic Conference’ at the Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City on the 6th of August, 2019 with the aim of connecting non-profit organizations, innovators, philanthropists and tech leaders from across Africa and the diaspora to unify, collaborate and share resources.
The conference will be a day’s program within the HACSA summit and is part of activities lined up to celebrate the Year of Return launched by H.E Nana Akuffo Addo sometime in September last year.
In a press conference organized by NMJ Ghana, local partners of GUD at the Accra International Press Center in Accra on Friday, GUD was introduced as an organization consisting of multinational young professionals focused on sustainability, holistic development and representation of the African Diaspora, with members across the globe, collectively and individually. Their passion for philanthropy and change around the world is a contributing factor that motivates them to improve the six sectors of community living including education, health and medicine, infrastructure and engineering, agriculture and environmental preservation, water resources and sanitation and sustainable design.
The local partners, NMJ Ghana with the inclusion of volunteers will among other things see to the following service projects in Ghana;
Medical outreach in rural communities around Accra including;
- Enrolling low-income people for health insurance
- General well-being check-ups
- Information health workshops
- Breast cancer screening
- Colon cancer screening
Youth empowerment/ sports camps in Accra focused on
- Medical health and well-being
- Reproductive and physical health
- Life skills and goal planning
- Leadership and empowerment
Overall beautification of local orphanage in Volta Region
- Painting, repairing broken window, doors, desk and beds
- Landscaping, paving walkway
GUD aims at extending their philanthropic activities to all 16 regions in the country, starting from the Greater Accra Region and is calling on other NGO’s, philanthropists, innovators, government officials and individuals committed to empowering development in Ghana and Africa to join them in the monumental conference.
They are also inviting all local businesses to partner with them to help give their brand the global exposure it deserves so they can achieve a great cause.