NSFAS application 2023 details are covered in the article, including the Deadline, Requirements, Qualifications and How to Apply.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme has helped many students get the funding they need to pursue their dreams.
To help more students get funding for their education, NSFAS has extended the deadline from 7th Janurary 2022 to 21st of January 2023.
Here is everything you need to know about the NSFAS application 2023, and we encourage you to submit your application today.
Under the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS), students from lower and middle-class backgrounds who attend public institutions are eligible to receive subsidized financial aid.
At the moment, 50 TVET schools and 26 public universities have been considered for the program.
A student’s tuition, registration, learning materials, accommodations, meals, and personal expenses are covered by the funding.
Is the NSFAS application extended?
Students were given two months to submit their applications for NSFAS 2023, which opened on November 2nd, 2022.
It was previously announced that the NSFAS funding application deadline would be 7th January 2022.
However, according to a recent announcement that was made on the sixth day of January 2023, students have until the 21st of January to submit their NSFAS applications for the year 2023.
In order to take advantage of the two weeks extra, students are strongly advised to make the most of this extension.
Who qualifies for the NASFAS grant?
For a student to be considered for financial aid he or she must fulfill certain requirements within a set period of time.
- An individual who is a citizen of South Africa
- A person with an active Permanent Residency Permit issued by the Department of Home Affairs
- Students who are first-time students or returning students to a public university or TVET college
- Recipients of the SASSA grant, but the Covid-19 SASSA grant is not considered
- A student from a family with a combined income of not more than R600,000 per year may be considered
- Individuals living with disabilities whose combined household income does not exceed R600,000 per year
Requirements for NSFAS application 2023
In order to be eligible for the NSFAS application 2023, students must submit supporting documents.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme uses these documents to decide which students qualify for grants.
- The student should attach a copy of their identification card; Smart ID cards require a copy of both sides.
- A temporary identification card issued by the Department of Home Affairs
- Applications from non-SASSA individuals must include copies of parent/s, guardian/s, or spouse IDs
- It is required that students submit proof of income; attach a payslip that is not older than 3 months, a UIF letter, an appointment letter, and a retrenchment letter (for themselves, their parents, or their legal guardians/spouse).
How do I apply for NSFAS 2023 online?
Using a smartphone, tablet or computer, you can perform the process from the comfort of your own home or office.
MyNSFAS.org.za is the website for online applications for NSFAS.
The following steps will guide you through the NSFAS 2023 application process.
- Visit www.nsfas.org.za on your computer or phone browser then select the myNSFAS
- Set up a myNSFAS account
- Go to the application tab, then enter the required details
- Upload the necessary documents
- Select the submit button
- After making your submission, you will receive a reference number as proof that the application has been submitted successfully.