The purpose of this article is to present to you accurate information on the Nigeria Police Aptitude Test 2022 which includes examination questions and answers, examination date, and other things to keep in mind.
Recruitment into the Nigeria Police Force for the year 2021 is currently in progress, and the screening process will begin on February 1st to 20th, 2022.
Nature of Nigerian police recruitment Past Questions
There are no new questions in the Nigerian police screening and proficiency test, but real challenges come from performance speed and accuracy.
It is expected that the Nigerian police recruitment questions will cover topics on English, mathematics, general knowledge, and current affairs.
It will consist of 6 sections: a written exam, an oral interview, a physical agility test, a medical and psychological assessment, and a background check.
The written part of the test is designed to determine whether the candidate has the basic skills needed to function as a police officer.
Even though the police academy teaches skills like search and seizure, probable cause, and reasonable suspicion, it does not teach basic stuff like math, spelling, grammar, and reading comprehension.
Therefore, it is expected that applicants possess these skills already.
The purpose of the exam is to assess the applicants’ skills in math, reading comprehension, language, writing and observation as well as their memory.
The test consists of many parts including; reading comprehension, vocabulary, memory, situational judgment, direction, grammar, spelling, and basic mathematics.
Sample Questions From NPF Past Questions and Answers (
General Knowledge/Current Affairs Questions )
These questions are drawn from past examinations and successful candidates, so, we advise you to take it very seriously.
1. The first Inspector General of the Police Force was
- A. Teslim Balogun
- B. Louis Edet
- C. Ademola Adetokunbo
- D. Mike Okiro.
2. In order to qualify for the post of President in Nigeria, the person must be _____ and above
- A. 35 years
- B. 20 years
- C. 40 years
- D. 55 years.
3. The name Nigeria coined out of _______
- A. Niger Forest
- B. Niger Area
- C. Niger River
- D. Niger Textures.
4. The last colonial Governor-General of Nigeria was
- (a) Tulma Goldie
- (b) James Robertson
- (c) Huge Clifford
- (d) Lord Lugard.
5. The First World War was between
- (a) 1911-1914
- (b) 1914-1916
- (c) 1916-1918
- (d) 1914-1918.
6. The first African country to introduce e-passport was
- (a) South Africa
- (b) Ghana
- (c) Liberia
- (d) Nigeria.
7. The first secretary General of commonwealth was
- (a) George Washington
- (b) Tulma Goldie
- (c) Arnold smith
- (d) Joseph Garba.
8. The first military president of Nigeria was
- (a) Sanni Abacha
- (b) Ibrahim Babangida
- (c) Aguiyi Ironsi
- (d) Yakubu Gowon.
9. Which of the following may be regarded as a regional organization
- (a) ECOWAS
- (b) OAU
- (c) UN
- (d) OPEC.
10. What is the full meaning of NPF?
- ANSWER: Nigeria Police Force.
11. What is the Nigeria police force motto?
- ANSWER: The police is your friend.
12. When was Nigeria Police Force(NPF) established?
- ANSWER: 1930
13. What are the objective of Nigeria Police Force?
- ANSWER: The Nigeria police force objective is to enhance the quality of life in our country by working in partnership with the community and in accordance with constitutional rights to enforce the laws, preserve the peace, reduce fear and provide for a safe environment.
14. Who is the present Chief of Defence Staff?
- ANSWER: Major Gen. Abayomi Gabriel Olonisakin
15. What is the full Meaning of IGP?
- ANSWER: Inspector General of Police
16. What is the name of Nigeria Police Force IGP?
- ANSWER: IGP Abubakar Muhammad Adamu
17. When did Nigeria got her independence?
- ANSWER: 1 October 1960
18. Who is the current Speaker of Nigeria House of Representatives?
- ANSWER: Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila
19. Which year was the Nigerian flag designed and who designed it?
- ANSWER: Nigeria flag was designed by Mr. Taiwo Akinkumi in 1959.
20. Who is the first Executive president of Nigeria?
- ANSWER: Alh. Shehu Shagari.
21. Name the government agencies that supervise the affairs of Nigeria police force?
- ANSWER: i). The Police service Commission (PSC)
- ii). Ministry of police affairs
- iii). The Nigeria police council(NPC)
22. What is the staff strength of Nigeria police force?
- ANSWER: 371,800 officers
23. Name the 7 area Commands of Nigeria police force?
- ANSWER: (Adamawa, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Katsina, Lagos, Ogun.)
24. When did Nigeria become a Republic?
- ANSWER: 1 October 1963.
25. What year did the Nigerian Civil War start and end?
- ANSWER: Started 1967 and ended 15th January 1970.
Nigeria Police Mathematics Questions
- Consider the sequence 2, 6, 18, 54, 162,.… If the 48th term is a and the 51th is b, what is the value of b/a?
- What is the value of z, the number of seniors on teams as shown in the table below?
E) It cannot be determined from the information given
3. In the figure above, what is the value of a?
E) It cannot be determined from the information given
4. At central high school 50 girls play intramural basketball and 40 girls play intramural volleyball. If 10 girls play both sports, what is the ratio of the number who plays only volleyball?
5. Maria is 6 times as old as Tina. In 20 years, Maria will be only twice as old as Tina. How old is Maria now?
6. If a secretary types 60 words per minute, how many minute will he take to type 330 words?
7. If Scott can mow 2/5 of a lawn each hour, how many lawns can he mow in h hours?
8. If it is now June, what month will it be 100 months from now?
9. In a group of 100 students, more students are on a team than are members of a club. If 70 are in clubs and 20 are neither on a team nor in a club, what is the minimum number of student who could be both on a team and in a club?
English Language/Verbal Reasoning Questions
Lexis and Structures:
From the words given in A, B, C, D or E, choose the word or words nearest in meaning to the one printed in italics in the sentence. Write your answer in the space provided on the left of the question number.
- Last night, I heard a Peculiar story about the activities of ghost.
- That cheat of a boy cleverly imitated his father’s handwriting.
b. rubbed out
3. Mrs. Agu had to mend her basket before going to market this morning
4. Obi was very inquisitive during the lecture and was always asking question.
5. He was generous and shared what he brought with his friends
6. This is a rather expensive dress.
7. Dr. Akin said the patient was much better and quite cheerful.
8. I can’t buy that book, so I’ll manage with this one
c. try studying
d. make do
9. Ngozi whispered the answer to me when the teacher turned away.
c. quietly said
d. slowly said
We strive for accuracy and fairness.
If you see something that doesn’t look right, email us at [email protected]