A 15-year-old Orlando boy identified as Nico Brown was arrested Saturday in connection to a drive-by shooting late last month in Orlando that caused the deaths of a 6-year-old girl and a 19-year-old man, according to police.
Nico Brown, is expected to face charges of first-degree homicide in the shooting deaths of Ajahliyah Hashim, 6, and Isaiyah Wright, 19, the Orlando Police Department said in a statement Sunday.
A video Orlando police posted to its Facebook page shows a handcuffed Brown smiling as he’s led by detectives out of the police station and into a police cruiser.
The shooting happened a little before 8:30 p.m. Aug. 29 on the city’s west side.
Multiple shots were fired from a moving vehicle.
The shots entered the girl’s home and hit her and her mother. The girl, Ajahliyah Hashim, was taken to the hospital where she was pronounced dead.
Her mother suffered non-life threatening injuries. They were not the intended victims, police said.
The 19-year-old man, identified as Isaiyah Wright, wound up at another hospital, and was declared dead.
Orange County Public Schools Superintendent Maria F. Vazquez said the 6-year-old was a student at Eagle’s Nest Elementary School, which is about 2 miles from the scene of the shooting.