Mrs Gloria Arhin, the wife of the Director of Communications at the Presidency, Eugene Arhin, has formally written to the High Court to file for a divorce.
Mrs Gloria Arhin in a statement sighted by ghlinks.com.gh alleged that her husband had left home for the past two years and has resorted to engaging in extramarital affairs with one Chantel Kudjawu (Gertrude Gbajo).
According to her, during the pendency of the marriage, she and the husband through their joint efforts acquired or developed various movable/immovable properties.
Mrs Gloria Assan Arhin is among other things praying the court to order her husband to pay her a sum of GHS2 million as compensation.
Also Read Biography of Eugene Arhin
Also Read: Biography of Gloria Assan Arhin
- A five-bedroom residential property (which was intended to be the matrimonial home of the parties) situate on a two plot of land lying at East Legon in Accra.
- A four-storey building comprising 16 separate flats/apartments situated on a parcel of land at Bubiashie in Accra which land was acquired from a family friend of Petitioner.
- An ongoing storey building comprising of 16 separate flats/apartments situate at Tuba-Weija in Accra.
- A storey building comprising apartments erected on a parcel of land situate at Teshie in Accra.
- A residential property situated at AU village at La in Accra.
- A residential building situated at Senya Breku in the Central Region where the Respondent comes from.
- A waterfront residential property/resort situated at Ada Foah in the Greater Accra region.
- 3K barbering shop at Teshie.
For moveable properties, Gloria Arhin states that they have:
- One Ford F150 vehicle
- Toyota Avalon vehicle with registration number GR 7108-18
- Toyota Lexus vehicle with registration number GE 4646-18
- Toyota Tundra vehicle with registration number GE 7108-18
- Hyundai Elantra vehicle with registration number GE 4646-19
Gloria Assan Arhin is among other things praying the Court for 10 reliefs:
- That the said marriage be dissolved.
- That the Petitioner be granted custody of the three children of the marriage, with visiting right to the Respondent.
- That the five-bedroom residential house situated at East Legon be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
- That eight of the apartments/flats in the building situated at Bubiashie (representing 50%) be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
- That eight of the apartments/flats in the building situated at Tuba-Weija (representing 50%) be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
- That vehicle with registration numbers GE 4646-18 and GE 7108-18 be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
- The Petitioner be declared a joint owner in equal share with the Respondent in all the other properties acquired in the course of the marriage.
- That the Respondent be ordered to pay the Petitioner the sum of two million cedis (GH¢2,000,000).
- An order for the Respondent to maintain the children, pay the school fees and health bills of the children of the marriage.
- That the Respondent be ordered to pay costs of and incidental to this suit.