Koo Fori has broken his silence over reports on how fire gutted his home three days ago and destroyed everything in his room.
Giving an in-depth account of how his well-furnished home was razed down by the fire in the late hours of Monday, September 7, he disclosed that it is linked to an electrical fault. The actor recalls that the incident started around how8: pm when he retired to bed and was watching a programme.
The ‘Efiewura’ TV series actor said he went straight to his bedroom to charge his phone after seeing off his family members—but the broadcast of Ghana’s Most Beautiful on TV3 caught his attention so he decided to watch the program. While watching the program his television went off.
After checking the socket and peeping through the window, the actor stated that he realized he had no electricity power. He then moved to his hall intending to watch the program there.
Koo Fori said he smelled an unusual scent of which he quickly checked his kitchen to see if something was wrong but he didn’t come across anything.
Upon his return to his hall, he saw smoke emanating from his air-condition. He had difficulty in breathing due to the situation. At that point, he was indecisive on what to do.
He struggled to get out as the air-condition caught fire.
Koo Fori recalled how he successfully escaped from the hall. He then called for help and his next-door neighbour was the first person to come to the scene before others joined.
Mr Karikari acknowledged how the people helped to quench the fire before personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service came to the place after his neighbour’s wife placed an emergency call to them.
Koo Fori said he lost everything but he is thankful he still has his life.