JAVORIUS Scott, better known as rapper JayDaYoungan, was killed in a shooting in his Louisiana hometown on Wednesday night.
The popular rapper died at the age of 24 after being rushed to a hospital to treat his injuries, according to the Bogalusa Police Department.
Police say that one of the rapper’s close family members, Kenyatta Scott Sr, has been hospitalized as a result of the shooting. Police are still searching for the gunman or gunmen.
JayDaYoungan: 5 facts about 24 year old Louisiana rapper shot dead in Bogalusa
- Javorius Tykies Scott, known professionally as JayDaYoungan, was an American rapper and singer, who was best known for his singles “23 Island”, “Elimination” and “Opps”, which have received 49, 27 and 26 million respective streams on SoundCloud as of November 2020.
- Scott was born on July 15, 1998, in Bogalusa, Louisiana.
- He began his rapping career at the age of 18 and dropped out of high school to pursue his career.
- In February 2017, Scott released his mixtape Ruffwayy, which became a regional success and gave him local recognition; his song “Interstate” broke 4 million views on YouTube in under a month, he was then considered for a spot on the XXL freshman list in 2018, a list of up-and-coming rappers.
- On May 11, 2019, Scott was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance without a prescription after being pulled over by Florida Highway Patrol in Gadsden County, Florida. When pulled over, police officers found 20 grams of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and oxycodone pills.
We strive for accuracy and fairness.
If you see something that doesn’t look right, email us at [email protected]