The maiden edition of Ghana World Music Festival 2019 is set to take place on August 3-4.
According to organizers of the first annual event,Ghana World Music Festival is a celebration of the power of the Ghanaian music and the sounds of the diaspora. Music is more than entertainment, its empowerment and unifier of people and with this spirit, the Ghana World Music Festival was conceived.
The festival will feature music and artists from Ghana, across the African Continent, the Caribbean and the US. A rich myriad of genres will be on display from Jazz, R&B, Reggae, Highlife and Afrobeat. The festival will serve as an anchor event to Panafest 2019, while continuing to support the mission of the Year of Return Initiative.
The Ghana World Music Festival is produced and supported by several established organizations including IAS Agency, Multimedia; Hitz FM 103.9, Joy Prime TV, Fantasy Dome, Panafest Foundation, Year of Return Initiative, Ghana Tourism Development Company and Ghana Tourism Authority. The event will take place at the Fantasy Dome Complex in Accra. Each Day will feature a celebratory atmosphere for attendees from across the globe.
- Thursday, August 1st: Deborah Cox kicks off the weekend with a panel discussion dedicated to empowering women in the arts. The launch event will take place at ACCRA at 6p – until 9p
- Saturday, 8/3 will feature international and local acts including Jamaica’s legendary Reggae Ambassadors, Third World, Irving Mayfield, Ernie Smith and Canadian/Guyanese, songstress and actress Deborah Cox, and headlining the evening, Ghana musical legend, Kojo Antwi
- Sunday, 8/4 Ghana’s Reggae movement, Samini, and Ghana next superstars; Jupitar, Gasmilla, Lamisi.
Tickets: 80GHC for general admission, 150GHC VIP and 450GHC for VVIP. For tickets:
- Log on to fantasydome.com
- Mobile phones: 714*5*4#
- PinkBerry (Laboni, Spintex & East Legon)
- NyoNyo Essential (American House, East Legon)
- Nallem Clothing (Accra Mall, West Hills Mall, Osu Mall, Junction Mall, Achimota retail center)
- My Cellphone Repairs (A&C Mall, East Legon)
- Joy FM offices
INTERNATIONAL ARTS SOLUTIONS, a US-based marketing consulting agency that specialized in entertainment solutions. The company is focused on international partnerships and business development. The principals of the company have worked in the live music and marketing space for over 30 years, creating and executing concerts, festivals, and activations internationally and with brands such as Heineken, MTV, BET, Music Choice, etc. IAS will heavily focus on international markets, IP building, and pro-social initiative. The “Year of Return, Ghana 2019” is a major landmark spiritual and birth-right journey inviting the Global African family, home and abroad, to mark 400 years of the arrival of the first enslaved Africans in Jamestown, Virginia. The arrival of enslaved Africans marked a sordid and sad period, when our kith and kin were forcefully taken away from Africa into years of deprivation, humiliation and torture. While August 2019 marks 400 years since enslaved Africans arrived in the United States, “The Year of Return, Ghana 2019” celebrates the cumulative resilience of all the victims of the Trans-Atlantic slave Trade who were scattered and displaced through the world in North America, South America, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia.