Elon Musk Motivational Quotes
Elon Musk made headlines recently for unveiling the Tesla Model 3, in which millions of pre-sales were made in a very short timeframe, resulting in billions in revenue.
To those of you who aren’t familiar with Elon Musk, he was the co-founder of PayPal, and he’s now the co-founder of Tesla, the CEO of SpaceX, and chairman of SolarCity.
Musk invested all the proceeds from the PayPal sale into the other 3 ventures listed above.
How about some of Elon Musk motivational quotes that will encourage you to believe in your potential?
The journey to fame and wealth of Elon Musk began in 1995.
He and his brother founded a web software company that angel investors funded.
Why is Elon Musk so inspiring?
To achieve his current position, he has endured many trials and tribulations.
Having created a business himself, he understands how challenging it can be, especially when things aren’t planned.
Elon Musk Motivational Quotes
- My goal is not only to change my generation but all generations henceforth. I want to live long enough to see our civilization become mature and wise enough to handle this new reality we have created for ourselves.
- The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
- You know, I’m thinking about taking some time off after this. Just take a year or two off. Do nothing. And then come back even more driven. Because once you’ve taken a break, you realize just how much energy you had wasted over the years.
- It would be great if we could find ways to use solar power instead of coal. But I am pessimistic that we’ll ever do better than 1% efficiency. So we’re stuck with burning stuff until someone invents fusion reactors.
- We need to develop technology that allows us to colonize other planets. That should be humanity’s highest priority. If we fail to achieve that objective, we may well end up destroying Earth.
- What makes a good leader? Someone who inspires others to greatness.
- A lot of people say that success leaves clues. Well, Failure does too. Failure teaches you lessons.
- I learned early on that if you try to please everyone, you wind up pleasing nobody.
- People ask me what motivates me. What drives me. They assume that motivation means money. Or sex. Or drugs. All those things are essential. But none of them motivates me nearly as much as seeing an idea from conception to completion. Seeing a project grow from concept to creation.
- I always wanted to make cars. My dad said ‘no’ every single time. Finally, I got him to let me design a vehicle. When I graduated college, I went straight to work for Tesla Motors.
- “It’s OK to have your eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to that basket.” – Elon Musk
- “The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.” – Elon Musk
- “When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, ‘Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?’ That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.” – Elon Musk
- “My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone’s talent and not someone’s personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart.” – Elon Musk
- “I wouldn’t say I have a lack of fear. In fact, I’d like my fear emotion to be less because it’s very distracting and fries my nervous system.” – Elon Musk
- “If something has to be designed and invented, and you have to figure out how to ensure that the value of the thing you create is greater than the cost of the inputs, then that is probably my core skill.” – Elon Musk
- “I say something, and then it usually happens. Maybe not on schedule, but it usually happens.” – Elon Musk
- “I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.” – Elon Musk
- “I don’t believe in process. In fact, when I interview a potential employee and he or she says that ‘it’s all about the process,’ I see that as a bad sign. The problem is that at a lot of big companies, process becomes a substitute for thinking. You’re encouraged to behave like a little gear in a complex machine. Frankly, it allows you to keep people who aren’t that smart, who aren’t that creative.” – Elon Musk
- “Some people don’t like change, but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.” – Elon Musk
- “I don’t spend my time pontificating about high-concept things; I spend my time solving engineering and manufacturing problems.” – Elon Musk
- “People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.” – Elon Musk
- “As much as possible, avoid hiring MBAs. MBA programs don’t teach people how to create companies.” – Elon Musk
- “People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important that people look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoy working.” – Elon Musk
- “I’m interested in things that change the world or that affect the future and wondrous, new technology where you see it, and you’re like, ‘Wow, how did that even happen? How is that possible?’” – Elon Musk
- “It’s very important to like the people you work with, otherwise life [and] your job is gonna be quite miserable.” – Elon Musk
- “Brand is just a perception, and perception will match reality over time. Sometimes it will be ahead, other times it will be behind. But brand is simply a collective impression some have about a product.” – Elon Musk
- “There are really two things that have to occur in order for a new technology to be affordable to the mass market. One is you need economies of scale. The other is you need to iterate on the design. You need to go through a few versions.” – Elon Musk
- “When somebody has a breakthrough innovation, it is rarely one little thing. Very rarely, is it one little thing. It’s usually a whole bunch of things that collectively amount to a huge innovation.” – Elon Musk
- “I don’t create companies for the sake of creating companies, but to get things done.” – Elon Musk
- “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.” – Elon Musk
- “I always have optimism, but I’m realistic. It was not with the expectation of great success that I started Tesla or SpaceX… It’s just that I thought they were important enough to do anyway.” – Elon Musk
- “It is a mistake to hire huge numbers of people to get a complicated job done. Numbers will never compensate for talent in getting the right answer (two people who don’t know something are no better than one), will tend to slow down progress, and will make the task incredibly expensive.” – Elon Musk
- “You have to say, ‘Well, why did it succeed where others did not?’” – Elon Musk
- “There’s a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass-covering.” – Elon Musk
- “Starting and growing a business is as much about the innovation, drive, and determination of the people behind it as the product they sell.” – Elon Musk
- “I think we have a duty to maintain the light of consciousness to make sure it continues into the future.” – Elon Musk
- “We have a strict ‘no-assholes policy’ at SpaceX.” – Elon Musk
- 45. “I don’t think it’s a good idea to plan to sell a company.” – Elon Musk
- 46. “Talent is extremely important. It’s like a sports team, the team that has the best individual player will often win, but then there’s a multiplier from how those players work together and the strategy they employ.” – Elon Musk
- 47. “You shouldn’t do things differently just because they’re different. They need to be… better.” – Elon Musk