The Electoral Commission has directed the Criminal Investigations Department of the Ghana Police to investigate presidential aspirants who forged signatures and submitted fake documents in the filing process.
Addressing the press on October 19, Electoral Commission boss Jean Mensah explained some of the aspirants forged signatures of some persons who allegedly endorsed them adding that they’ve forwarded them to the CID to ascertain he truth.
Meanwhile filing fee for these disqualified aspirants will be refunded.
They include Kofi Koranteng and Marricke Kofi Gane; UPP’s Akwasi Addae Odike, PAP’s Kwasi Busumbru and UFP’s Nana Agyenim Boateng.
Below is the list of qualified aspirants;
1. Alfred Kwame Asiedu Walker – Independent candidate
2. Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo – NPP
3. Christian Kwabena Andrews – GUM
4. Brigitte Akosua Dzogbenuku – PPP
5. John Dramani Mahama – NDC
6. Akua Donkor – GFP
7. Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings – NDP
8. Hassan Ayariga – APC
9. Ivor Kobina Greenstreet – CPP
10. Henry Herbert Lartey – GCPP
11. Percival Kofi Akpaloo – LPG
12. David Asibi Ayindenaba Apasera – PNC