Do you have doubts as to whether your boyfriend is really over his ex? Are you dating a guy who seems to have a rather soft spot for his ex? This is usually difficult to detect since guys are good with hiding their emotions but relax because, no matter how much he tries to hide his emotions, there are still other factors you can use to detect whether he is still not over his ex.
If you’re troubled by the quicksand of sappy emotions your man has for his ex flame, you’re not alone. And it’s completely acceptable to hate him for it. Of course, really now, if he’s still in love with his ex, what the heck is he doing with you?
Well, if your guy tells you that he still thinks of his ex fondly, you could admire his honesty. Just give a smile and then you can kick him out to the curb. That’s if you can.
But what do you do when he actually says he’s over his ex, but you still don’t believe him.
It is true that getting over an ex is never easy and if you’ve been in a passionate relationship that had to end, you’d know how hard it is to get over a special someone.
But as much as it’s not easy to forget someone you once loved, there’s a thin line between forgetting someone and staying in love with them.
If your boyfriend still loves his ex, chances are, he still wants to get back with his ex. And that is definitely not something you should put up with.
You’re not a rebound girl nor are you his nanny to nurse his heart to good health so he can regain his broken heart pieces and pursue his ex again when he feels better. Hell NO!
Ghafla.com brings you 10 signs that can help you figure out if he’s over his ex or not;
1. His chats; Unless your boyfriend is a sneaky ex lover, he’ll definitely leave a few signs now and then on his computer or phone. If your boyfriend’s browser history shows that he’s been visiting his ex’s Facebook or twitter account or her blog often, he’s definitely not over his ex. So how much is too much? Checking up on an ex once a week is barely acceptable, but if he’s been frequenting his ex’s pages more often than that, you need to have that talk with him.
Wait a minute, this is a very arguable point as some would say it’s inappropriate for one to be sneaking on the chats of his or her partner. But hey, what’s wrong with reading your partners messages? If he’s giving you a spare key to his room, then why can’t he tell you his password? Why not?
2. He talks about her all the time; It doesn’t matter if he talks fondly or badly about her all the time. S long as he still does talk about her, it means he still thinks about of her and still has feelings for her. If a guy has come to terms with his break up, he won’t keep whining about it. He’ll get over it.
Only a guy who’s constantly bothered by thoughts of his ex would like ranting about it to his present girlfriend. If your boyfriend constantly finds ways to bring his ex into the conversation without you initiating it, he’s definitely still missing her.
3. He gets annoyed when he hears that she’s dating someone new; For crying out loud! He’s dating you. He’s supposed to be happy with you and give a hoot about her. But if he gets to know that she’s dating someone new and turns into an uncontrollable whining boy, he’s obviously pissed off that she’s doing the deed with someone new. If he’s truly happy with you and has overpowered any strings of residual love, he shouldn’t be bothered if she dates someone else.Why should he even be?
4.He looks befuddled when he bumps into her. The next time you walk hand in hand with your boyfriend and bump into his ex, watch how he behaves. Keep a close watch there. Does he let go of your hand immediately, or does he get flustered or mumble like an awkward prepubescent child? If his heart races or he starts sweating around his ex, she’s definitely been running marathons in his mind behind your back.
5. He enjoys getting teased with his ex; Does your boyfriend stiffen a giggle or does he blush like a little girl when you pull his leg with his ex or when his friends tease him about a romantic incident involving his ex? Men don’t get shy. They get surly and angry when they’re being teased about a bad incident with an ex. Only lost and lovelorn lovers like fantasizing and talking about exes with a glazed look of happiness plastered over their faces. If your boyfriend loves hearing about his ex or getting teased with her, he obviously likes being associated with his ex even now.
6. He is her Man Friday; Basically, exes don’t have to stay friends, but they can still keep in touch with each other. But it becomes a problem if your boyfriend behaves like her slave and is always ready to help her out of a spot, he’s definitely trying to stay in her good books for a reason. Only a guy who’s still in love will constantly try to help an ex out with her life, be it by being the handyman or someone to chauffeur her around. Where does that place you then.?
7. He clings onto her memories; Do you find him clinging onto her memories when he thinks you’re not around? Lte’s play the hide and seek game here. Does he hold something of hers or broodingly stares at her Facebook page when he thinks you’ve left the room? Sure, he doesn’t know you’re hiding behind the door. Does he stare at an old text from her when you aren’t around? If you notice your boyfriend dreamily staring at his ex’s face on his computer or an old photograph while tenderly moving his fingers across her image, not once or twice, please walk out of his place and never walk back in again.
8. He still has her gifts or memories lying around the house; Oh come on, a boyfriend who still holds a stuffed toy given by his ex while lying in bed is never good news for a new lover. If hes’s still got her gifts placed neatly around the house or still use the watch she gave him as if that’s the only one left in the world…then, wait a minute, is that her toothbrush near his sink? Yes, you’re allowed to stick it up his romantic ass! Trust me, even the police would understand.
9. He hasn’t ended the relationship yet; Hold on, he still hasn’t ended the relationship with the other lady but still went ahead to propose to you? This is a tricky place to be in. This is something you’ll come to experience if you steal a guy from his girlfriend. Was he still in a relationship when you wooed him away with your sexy and beautiful body? Trust me, Karma does exist. But then if he’s just been lying to you all the while that he is single when in fact he still hasn’t broken up with the other lady, then he surely deserves to be beaten up. He is surely a snake under grass and you must quickly show him the door the moment you get to find out.
10. He hasn’t deleted her texts or still has her pictures; Does your new boyfriend have loads of his ex’s lovey notes and dirty talking texts? Seriously, which guy in his right mind keeps his ex’s old texts stored in his phone? Are they gold or diamonds?. There may be a huge list of texts, but deleting it is the right thing and only thing to do if he’s actually over her and if he’s still got pictures of his ex on his computer or in his phone or perhaps, even lying around the house, then quite rude. But it’s acceptable as long as he understands to delete or move all those photos away as soon as you voice your insecurity.
Sometimes, all of us miss our exes or think of them. But there’s a thin line between a passing thought and an obsession. Keep an eye on these signs that he’s not over his ex and talk to him about it. It’ll clear the air and help you make up your mind.